This herb is part of the mint family... but tastes nothing like mint - it's much more of an acquired bitter taste.
- Basil's oils and extracts are said to have antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- High in vitamin A - for vision, skin, bones and healthy immune systems.
- Basil is best mates with tomatoes, and is used in lots of italian cooking - YUM!!!
- You can eat the leaves and the flowers
- best torn, as cutting will cause it to go black
Have it fresh in salads, or throw it into a hot pot just before serving.